Saturday, January 19, 2013

I wonder if there is cake in heaven....

Today would have been my Dad's 58th birthday. It's been an emotionally draining day some of it has to do with my Dad and some has to do with a rough time we are going thru with our daughter. I just don't have it in my to write more today. I thought I would share my facebook post with you.

This was the first song when I turned on my ipod this morning. Titanic came out when my Dad was sick and this song hit it big when we were told he only had 6 weeks to live. Foo Foo (then 2 years old) for some reason took a liking to this song. If she heard it on the radio or on VH1 she would stop whatever she was doing and come running to sing it.(Actually preform it) Needless to say she would preform this song for my Dad and it would take all we had not to cry when she would sing "My heart will go on" and stretch her little arms out. She showed me that your heart does go on. Not because you want it to but because it has to for her sake and her 3 and 5 year old sisters. You can say that it playing on my ipod this morning was some random coincidence. I know differently. Thank You Dad for showing us that even if you are not here physically you are still with us every day. Happy Birthday Dad!!




No comments: