Friday, August 10, 2012

Aloha Friday.....

It's Friday and that can only mean one thing. It's time again for Aloha Friday. This week's question is:

Do you and your spouse have date nights? I was reading an article online and the writer was saying how she and her husband do not have date nights. As I was reading the article,it occurred to me, neither do we. I'm not sure why I never thought about that before. We have other friends who do,but we just never did. We married really young and had our girls after 2 1/2 years of marriage. When our last daughter was born we had 3 girls under 3 and 1/2 years old. I guess we just never had the time or the money. The money mostly. Through out the years we were always busy with the girls. Cheerleading,soccer,drama club and other activities seemed to eat up a lot of time. Not to mention Hubby was always busy working and I did a lot as a "single"parent. Now that the girls are older we seem to have a little more free time. Our youngest daughter is 16 almost 17. She works and drives not much she needs us for anymore. Hubby,our 5 year old and I are often by ourselves. It's weird. Very weird to go from constant chaos to having downtime. It is a nice change of pace especially when you have a stressful teenager that you live with. I find myself looking forward to our quiet time to recharge my batteries. I think it is also a nice benefit for our son who gets more on on one time with us.

Don't forget to head over to Island's place and answer her question of the week.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: