Thursday, December 15, 2011

Show us your holiday

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a "show us your holiday". We are big Christmas fans here. We try to put a Christmas tree in almost every room of the house. Even our bathrooms get a small tabletop tree. Come on in and enjoy the tour....
This one is my son's tree in his room. We decided not to put a large tree in his room due to his new bed. He has a race car bed that takes up all most the whole room.
This is the other reason we don't put a large tree in his room. He hasn't stopped touching it and playing with the ornaments since it went up.
Growing up my little brother had a thing for anything Snoopy. I think he got that Macy's Snoopy every year. We carry on the tradition here.


More ornaments on his tree. Notice how they are non breakable? HA!

We try to put this train under our Living room tree every year. It actually belonged to my husband's grandfather. Makes it even more special.
Our Living room tree. I like this room but we never use it.

My "wall art" we bought for our first Christmas in this house.

Our family room tree. We usually have a bigger tree in this room. I broke the tree stand for the other tree and refused to buy one until after the holidays. I apologize if you are an animal lover and see the bear rug hanging on our wall. I also have a couple of deer heads too.

My dinning room bakers rack. It's one of the few pieces of furniture from the old house.
Dinning room tree. We do a smaller tree here because I switch the living room and Dinning room for Christmas dinner. Our living room is much larger for the table. This tree gets my Longaberger baskets and anything red. I started collecting Longaberger tree trimming baskets years ago.



 This Santa ball hung on my Great Grand Parents tree when I was growing up.




 I like to collect Santa's and Snowmen. I thought this was the perfect way to display them.
This one is a bowling pin someone painted.


 Santa has been eating his cookies off this plate for 10 years.

 I love how my kitchen wall always looks like Christmas.
I can't show pictures of the holidays without these two things.
 The Pesky Elf and of course our Advent calendar. We also put up my son's Nativity set.

We haven't put our Rec room tree up yet and I have decided not to put the tree up in our bedroom this year. My 3 girls also have trees in their rooms. I haven't had time to take picture's of their trees yet. Here is a link of our trees 2 years ago. It's been a crazy Christmas season and I haven't had time to do a lot of things yet. Thank you for touring my house. Please come again................












2 comments:

ACW said...

Your country themed decor is presh!

Miss Charming said...

I love the blue ornaments on your tree. So pretty. The pictures of your son playing with the mini tree remind me of my youngest. He is 12 and still likes to play with the ornaments. It's so fun celebrating Christmas with children.