Sunday, December 4, 2011

Away in a Manger.....

I know I have said this before but this is my favorite Nativity set for kids. Ok. It's my favorite for big people too.(Yes,that is Thomas the train going around the Manger. What you don't remember Thomas and boxcar from the Island of Sodor bringing the Wisemen to see baby Jesus? Yea, me neither. Bubby's love of baby Jesus is just as strong as his love of Thomas.) I bought this for my son's first Christmas and I have loved it ever since. I actually thought Bubby might be too old for it this year but he couldn't wait for Hubby to bring it down from the attic. It's the Fisher price special edition Nativity set. I believe what made it different from the rest was some of the animals have yarn hair. I think most of the sets have plastic hair.

Seriously how cute is that donkey's hair? It cracks me up every time I see it. He has some wild Bon Jovi Jersey hair happening. HA!

How precious is this Manger? Baby Jesus doesn't come out of the cradle but that's ok. It's never bothered Bubby.

Some more animals. Check out the sheep's head. Too cute.

Three wise men are we. Or wise people. I think the one might be a girl.
The removable Angel sits on top of the manager and plays"Away in a manager". When you push her down it also lights up the star. We totally wear out the batteries on this. I have a feeling this is going in his keepsake box. I just don't have the heart to part with it. Did I mention this set is plastic? My set that my grandmother gave me is not. My Wise man is currently headless. It looks like I will be replacing my set next year. If anyone has a Nativity set that would like to recommend I would love to hear about it.

P.S. If you are looking for the Fisher Price set I did find this one on line.



No comments: