Monday, July 23, 2012

Our latest addition.....

Looks like we have a new member of our Burg family. After minutes weeks of looking Hubby bought a wave runner. I swear last week we were looking at vacation homes and the week before that we were looking at new cars. Saturday he picked it up and I haven't seen him since. Just kidding. He's spent most of the weekend polishing it in the driveway and the other half spent taking a boat test online. BTW that boat test is long and hard! I have to take my test sometime this week if I want to drive the wave runner this weekend. I'm not looking forward to taking it. Ugh. It's amazing what you have to do to drive a boat,wave runner or car but you only have to pee on a stick to become a parent. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Anywhoo. This past weekend I found a major break in my family research. I actually found a family member online! I think she is my 3rd cousin on my great grand mother's side. This is the side of the family that no one seemed to know much about. I didn't think I would ever find anyone on that side. I'm so excited!!!! Hopefully she won't be to frightened when she hears more about my Grandmother's side of the family. The more research I do on my grandmother the more I think she must of been very questionable. I see now why my Mom and her mother did what they could to keep me away from her. It's been an interesting journey to say the least. I hoping to visit the area where most of my family is from sometime this summer or in the fall. It's a bit of a hike from where I live so I have to make it on a day when I have a lot of time. Finding time in this family is ...well impossible. HA!

Have a great Monday......

No comments: