Monday, June 25, 2012

Almost a quarter of a century......

I wanted to put this post up yesterday but things got crazy around here. Yesterday Hubby and I celebrated our 23 wedding anniversary. Yep. You read that right. We got married so young. I guess you are wondering how we spent such a momentous occasion? Well...First we looked at a Jeep wrangler(four door). We tried to look at one. After driving 45 minutes the darn thing wasn't on the car dealers lot. Man,was I ticked off! We checked out a new outdoor shopping center. They have one of those dinner theaters there. Have you ever been to one? My 16 year old and her boyfriend went to one a couple of weeks ago. I like the concept of someone bringing me dinner and then I get to watch a movie. HA!And our biggest plans of the day???? Hubby rushed our dog to the emergency animal hospital. One of those kind of days. While we were out my 18 year old daughter texted us that the dog was just lying there and she thought he had an enlarged tick on his hind leg. Every time he moved it was oozing blood. She sent a picture of it. I couldn't even make out what the thing was. Anything with blood gets my attention. Quickly. We decided to cut our day short and come home to check on him. This thing was huge.And ugly. Mostly ugly. In the course of trying to figure out what to do,I happen to notice a pile of blood and what looks like a blood clot on the dinning room floor. I took a flashlight to look in his wound. It honestly looked like a puncture wound. I have never seen anything like this before and of course our Vets office is not open on a Sunday. They told us if we thought it was an emergency we could take him to their on call vet hospital but it would cost us 75.00 just to walk in the door. I was so afraid he would bleed to death there was no way I was waiting for the morning to take him to our vet. Hubby left at 4:30 to take him and I went to pick our daughter up from work. He texted at 5:30 to say he was still in the waiting room and didn't see a Doctor yet. 6:00 he finally got into the exam room with him. About 45 minutes later my door opens and in walks my Hubby and dog. My newly half shaved dog. He apparently had a huge tumor that burst. He's now on antibiotics and pain medicine. We have to take him to our normal vet. They will have to surgery remove it. UGH. I'm a little worried about the surgery. I'm hoping it's not cancerous and he's 9 and a half years old with other mild health issues. Oh and that animal hospital doesn't charge 75.00 just to walk in the door. They charge 110.00! Geesh. Nothing like taking advantage of desperate people.

Well gotta run and do errands.......
P.S. Notice how I spared you the pictures of that nasty wound.

No comments: