Sunday, February 12, 2012

The loss of a legend.....

We were having a quiet Saturday night watching Peanuts Valentine special when the news broke into the program. Whitney Houston was found dead. That's all it said. I can't say I was extremely surprised. She has been battling drug abuse for years. I'm just shocked that hubby and I lost another person who represented our childhood. Hubs and I meet when I was almost 17 at an underage dance club. We danced to many Whitney songs back in the day. Not to mention all the songs I would sing into my hairbrush. Yep. I did. I know cheesy. HA! I think it is sad when the drugs are more important than the people in your life. I don't know the demons that lead her down the addiction path but I hope she finally found peace.

Rest in Peace Whitney. You will forever be in our hearts.

No comments: