Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents Day

I haven't had much time to blog this weekend. Actually not much time to be on twitter or facebook either. If you remember from this post, I have been researching my family tree. I am actually trying to do three different family trees at the same time. I know. What the heck was I thinking? Any Hoo, Ancestry is running a special Friday thru Monday. You can look up any 1930's census report for free. Needless to say I have been one busy girl. I have a couple of great/great grand parents that I have never been able to find on paper. Actually no one in the family seemed to remember their real first names. Can you imagine trying to do a family tree and not know names of family members? It is HARD! My mom and I were talking on the phone yesterday and she remembered that she had a container of old obits and newspaper clippings. When she got the phone she went looking for them. The very first one she finds? My Great grandmothers. It listed her parents and they were the ones I didn't have names for. What were the odds that was the first one in the box? Weird. My Mom thought it was if my great grandmother was saying You hoo these are my parents. To say I was excited was an understatement. I'm sure I will be up tonight late looking up more family before the free offer ends. If you get a chance check it out. In April they will be releasing the 1940's census report. My grandmother and her sisters should be on these. Can't wait!

No comments: