Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When it rains it pours....

Opps. Things have been so crazy here, I just realized I never posted this. BTW it's still not fixed.

Who needs Friday the 13th when we at the Burg house have Saturday the 14th. I guess I should back up the story a bit. It all started Wednesday night. Our daughter started raging (again) and got into a screaming match with Hubby.(I'll have to blog about that another time. I'm still ticked off at her.) I started washing and loading the dishwasher but after their argument stopped. If I had finished I might have realized we had a problem then. Thursday was Hubby's double. He only came home with enough time to take an hour cat nap. While he was napping I ran the dishwasher. I kept thinking it sounded funny. I even had my oldest daughter listen too. As luck would have it just as Hubby was leaving for work, I noticed the darn thing stopped running. The digital timer on it never moved. I looked inside and realized the water was sitting on the bottom of it. I decided to try and drain it. It never drained. Since Hubby already left for work,I just turned off the dishwasher and let the water sit on the bottom of it. Big Mistake. My oldest came home from work around 11 and goes in her room to discover (almost) all the water ran down in her closet. Oh Yea! I opened up the dishwasher to see if it still had some water in it. Of course there was. I sat there for 5 minutes with a turkey baster draining the rest out of it. When Hubby got home checked the leak in her room but couldn't figure it out.

The next day Hubby had off so we went looking at dishwashers to get an idea of what kind we wanted. Wow. So many to choose from. Can you tell it's been a long time since we had to buy one? HA!

Saturday(14th) We pulled the dishwasher out to take it to the home improvement store and pick up our new one. As Hubby was pulling it out of the cabinets I hear him say "ooo that's not good". I look where our dishwasher used to be and see a wet and black floor. Ugh. He steps on the kitchen floor in front of it and water shoots out of it. Double ugh. We just looked at each other and knew. He called the insurance company to put a claim in. The restoration crew came out late afternoon. They took some water readings and ripped out a lot of my kitchen floor. They had to take out my stove and all the trim on the bottom of the cabinets. The bottom cabinets were rotting on the supports. I'm thinking that the dishwasher might have been leaking for a while. They also ripped the drywall out of my daughter's closet where the water had been running down. I hate water leaks!

I just hope it doesn't take long to fix......

No comments: