Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Valley will never be the same....

If you have been following the news the last few days,you know Joe Paterno lost his cancer battle. He had been admitted to the hospital a few days ago with complications due to his Cancer treatment. I honestly believe between his treatments and the stress of the Penn State scandal took its toll on him. Growing up I dreamed of going to Penn State.(Funny thing is I wasn't from Pa) It was one of those places that just seemed so cool to go to. Typical teenager if it's cool it's for you. HA! When I learned in high school that only the sports players/ band/cheerleaders kids get chosen to attend the main campus I realized I would never get there. I couldn't play a sport without breaking a bone. I'm tone deaf. I was way too tall to be a cheerleader. It never stopped my love of Penn State and Joe Paterno. After I graduated from High school I watched an up and coming Quarterback take charge of Penn's offensive and later become a Quarterback in the NFL. Kerry Collins. Years later he would play for my Giants. As I mourn for a coach I never met and an University I never attended, I pray that people remember Joe in a positive light. That Penn State heals and returns to its glory. That kids still dream of attending that campus. No matter how you feel about what Joe did or didn't do or should have done there is one thing you have to agree on. Joe made kids want to attend that University. He was Penn State.

RIP JoePa. You were a heck of a coach and will be greatly missed.......

No comments: