Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday......

I just wanted to wish my Grandmother a very Happy Birthday. My Nonny is 83 years young today. If you knew my grandmother you would agree, there is nothing old about her. She is just as Feisty as she was when we were kids. She's the kind of women who commands respect. When my mom married her son she wasn't too thrilled with my mom. Or the 8 year old daughter she came with. In the 70's there were very few Divorcee and even fewer kids who didn't have a father active in their lives. My Mom went against everything Nonny believed in. The two women never did see eye to eye. Think Marie/Debra Barone and that pretty much sums them up. Ha! I wish I was joking. Somehow over the years the granddaughter she never wanted grew closer to her and share a bond. When my Dad died(her son) it tore the family apart. Two women who barely got along before ceased to even talk. My brother got caught in the middle and slowly stopped going to visit my dad's family. Suddenly my grandmother who lost a son also lost his whole family. Only one person kept going to see them. Me. The one who she didn't want. I'm the one she calls. My birthday. Easter. Sometimes just to talk. I still try to see them every Christmas eve. I know my grandmother doesn't have many birthdays left. That thought just brakes my heart. She is the last grandmother I have. Now to make my brother realize that........

No comments: