Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A whole lot of girls

Sunday we spent the whole day at school. Got your attention didn't it? Princess had a cheer competition. Have you ever been to one? They are long and intense. These girls work for hours per day for months for 3 minutes of dance. Crazy. My daughter is the craziest one on the team. She is a flyer. Yep. The one who gets basket tossed in the air. I have to tell you I can't watch. I get so nervous. She has fallen many times. Actually she has been dropped many times. She has had many back and leg injures. Many trips to the emergency room. Every year I hope she picks another sport and every year it's this one. She has been a cheer leader since the 1st grade and is now in 11th grade. I really admire her strength and determination. I would have given up years ago. We just have a few more and the season is done and mom can relax again.

No comments: