Thursday, March 15, 2012

One more test

Today I am off to take my son to his hearing appointment. Last week when he was being tested for learning disabilities they decided to also test his hearing. The audiologist isn't in the office on Wednesdays and couldn't test him. I was hoping they could test him last week to save me a drive back there. The intermediate unit is an hour from my house and a bit of a pain to get to it. But as parents we do things we don't want to do and fight to get our children services they need. The intermediate unit has all but said he is not going to get any services. It looks like I am going to be doing a lot of fighting. Ugh. I'm just waiting for the official word. The reality is the only way he is going to get services is if he fails this hearing test. Kind of sad. I just hope he cooperates with the audiologist. Oh and sits still. Not his strong point.

Have a great Thursday.....

No comments: